We are pleased to have arranged for ATS HeartCheck to bring their youth heart screening services to Ballistic United Soccer Club. This valuable screening includes an EKG and echocardiogram (heart ultrasound) to help diagnose hidden conditions. According to the American Heart Association, at least one-half million children in the U.S. have some form of cardiac problem – that’s 1 in 100 kids.
ATS HeartCheck will be at the Amador Recreation Center Nov,4th from 9:00-3:00. We have a limited number of appointments available for the discounted rate of $149 for kids ages 8 and older so do not delay. Pre-registration is required. The normal cost for these tests would exceed $2,000 if done in the hospital or a doctor’s office.
We want to make sure your child is as healthy as they can be and do not want the cost to prevent anyone from taking advantage of this opportunity. You may request a discount and schedule your child’s appointment at: www.ATSHeartCheck.com. Click “Make an Appointment” to access both the scheduling and the discount form. Be sure to select the “California” events from the list.
All discounts are determined by, and made possible by, grants from the Strive for Life Foundation and the Jordan Robert Mann Foundation. If you have questions or require assistance, call ATS at (888) 862-8518 or email: email@example.com.
Join us for our 3rd Annual Social!
We have a special evening of festivities planned, including cocktails, appetizers, raffles, dancing and connecting with friends and family!
We are looking for fabulous raffle donations: vacation home getaways, tickets to popular sporting events, a day on the Bay, or other unique experiences valued at $1,500 or greater.
What a great way to spend a fun evening raising money for our players. Invite your family and friends to this special, not to be missed, event!
- 30% of funds raised by Pleasanton RAGE will go to Gable Heart Beats Foundation and 70% will go towards financial assistance programs offered by our club.
- A portion of BUSC funds raised will go to the A-T Children’s Project and Rettsyndrome.org. In addition, proceeds raised will continue support field development & maintenance, equipment maintenance, scholarship needs and program development.
475 ST. JOHN ST. IN PLEASANTON
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2017
6:00PM – 10:00PM
Ballistic United Placement information
Premier, Elite, and Select Teams
2003-1999/2000 Birth Year (U15-18/19)
The Club’s competitive placement process (try-outs) for the upcoming 2017/18 season is detailed below. The club will again be approaching our placement in the same format as the last few years, which the staff feels is a more effective process for being fair to current players and evaluating new players interested in trying it out for a particular team.
At BUSC we prioritize our current BUSC player during team formation by making sure all current players have a chance to make a team internally before filling open roster spots with new players from outside the club. This process will allow current BUSC players to accept roster spots or be evaluated for the teams they want to attempt to make for the upcoming 2017/18 season. Note: Clubs within Region 3⁄4 have agreed to not hold formal tryouts until May 1st.
Team kick-off meetings will happen in during May. Once teams form and players are registered, they will train throughout May 2x per week until our club break which begins on June 2nd.
Please contact the Club’s technical director & U16-U19 DOC, Kevin Crow, at TD@busc.org or at 916-749-9967 for any questions. The list of teams, coaching assignments/bios, and coach contact information can be reviewed by birth year at: https://busc.org/competitive-coaches/
If you are a returning BUSC Premier or Elite player who wishes to remain on your current team:
- No formal tryout is required.
- In March, coaches will simply ask players if they are “in for next year.” We keep thisprocess simple, as players are mature enough and coaches knowledgeable enoughabout each player’s abilities that this is all that is needed.
- BY APRIL 15, players should accept (or decline) the coach’s offer of a roster spot. Thisensures the coach knows how many open spots are available.
- BY MAY 1, those who have accepted roster spots should register in Korrio and pay for basic club registration to secure their roster spots. Registration will open no later than April 10th.
- Any current player who would like to try out for another club is welcome to do so. All we ask is that this is communicated to your current coach and we will be happy to make sure you get that opportunity. Remember, you cannot try out for another club until May 1st or you and the new club could be suspended.
If you are a returning BUSC Elite or Select level player who wishes to be considered for a higher-level team:
- Beginning in March BUT NO LATER THAN THE END OF APRIL, you should verbally or in writing (via email) request a tryout from the coach of the team you hope to make.
**For example, if a 2nd team players wants a chance to make the 1st team they will contact the 1st team coach at the correct birth year and ask for a look during this time period. Same process goes for a player on a current 3rd team who wants to try out for a 2nd team.
- Throughout March and April, coaches will invite the players into a couple of training sessions or evaluate within the players’ game schedules.
- The coach will let the player know if he is being offered a spot on the team or not. If not, the player can confirm his spot on his current team and level of play for next season.
- Once coaches confirm to the BUSC office that a player has accepted a roster spot for the 2017-18 season, families will receive instructions on registration, payment, and the kick-off meeting.
If you are playing with another Club or have recently moved into the area and are interested in playing with one of BUSC’s Premier or Elite teams:
- As early in May as possible, you should contact the coach of the team you are interested in joining next year.
- If there are roster spots available, the coach will bring you into May team training sessions for evaluation.
If you wish to play on a SELECT team at your age group (returning and new players):
- In May, ALL players interested in Select teams will try out over 2 tryout dates.
- Dates are TBD by the Club.
For the second straight year several Ballistic “Bulldogs” players will spend a week at FC Barcelona’s famed La Masia academy training at futsal. In addition to learning from the world’s top coaches, Calvin, Henry, Evan, Trenton and Luke will tour Guadi’s Sagrada Familia basilica and other cultural sights. BUSC Director of Futsal, Rob Bell, will coach Team USA’s 03/04 team against FC Barcelona and other top local teams. Good luck boys and coach!
Congrats to our 2007 Premier Team and Coach Doug Murray for winning the Futsal Fest championship in Rocklin. The team tied Futsal Factory with a goal in the last two minutes and then took the title by making their first three kicks in the penalty shoot-out. Great job boys!