About apfotosThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far apfotos has created 88 blog entries.
Ballistic United Placement information
Premier, Elite, and Select Teams
2003-1999/2000 Birth Year (U15-18/19)
The Club’s competitive placement process (try-outs) for the upcoming 2017/18 season is detailed below. The club will again be approaching our placement in the same format as the last few years, which the staff feels is a more effective process for being fair to current players and evaluating new players interested in trying it out for a particular team.
At BUSC we prioritize our current BUSC player during team formation by making sure all current players have a chance to make a team internally before filling open roster spots with new players from outside the club. This process will allow current BUSC players to accept roster spots or be evaluated for the teams they want to attempt to make for the upcoming 2017/18 season. Note: Clubs within Region 3⁄4 have agreed to not hold formal tryouts until May 1st.
Team kick-off meetings will happen in during May. Once teams form and players are registered, they will train throughout May 2x per week until our club break which begins on June 2nd.
Please contact the Club’s technical director & U16-U19 DOC, Kevin Crow, at TD@busc.org or at 916-749-9967 for any questions. The list of teams, coaching assignments/bios, and coach contact information can be reviewed by birth year at: https://busc.org/competitive-coaches/
If you are a returning BUSC Premier or Elite player who wishes to remain on your current team:
- No formal tryout is required.
- In March, coaches will simply ask players if they are “in for next year.” We keep thisprocess simple, as players are mature enough and coaches knowledgeable enoughabout each player’s abilities that this is all that is needed.
- BY APRIL 15, players should accept (or decline) the coach’s offer of a roster spot. Thisensures the coach knows how many open spots are available.
- BY MAY 1, those who have accepted roster spots should register in Korrio and pay for basic club registration to secure their roster spots. Registration will open no later than April 10th.
- Any current player who would like to try out for another club is welcome to do so. All we ask is that this is communicated to your current coach and we will be happy to make sure you get that opportunity. Remember, you cannot try out for another club until May 1st or you and the new club could be suspended.
If you are a returning BUSC Elite or Select level player who wishes to be considered for a higher-level team:
- Beginning in March BUT NO LATER THAN THE END OF APRIL, you should verbally or in writing (via email) request a tryout from the coach of the team you hope to make.
**For example, if a 2nd team players wants a chance to make the 1st team they will contact the 1st team coach at the correct birth year and ask for a look during this time period. Same process goes for a player on a current 3rd team who wants to try out for a 2nd team.
- Throughout March and April, coaches will invite the players into a couple of training sessions or evaluate within the players’ game schedules.
- The coach will let the player know if he is being offered a spot on the team or not. If not, the player can confirm his spot on his current team and level of play for next season.
- Once coaches confirm to the BUSC office that a player has accepted a roster spot for the 2017-18 season, families will receive instructions on registration, payment, and the kick-off meeting.
If you are playing with another Club or have recently moved into the area and are interested in playing with one of BUSC’s Premier or Elite teams:
- As early in May as possible, you should contact the coach of the team you are interested in joining next year.
- If there are roster spots available, the coach will bring you into May team training sessions for evaluation.
If you wish to play on a SELECT team at your age group (returning and new players):
- In May, ALL players interested in Select teams will try out over 2 tryout dates.
- Dates are TBD by the Club.
For the second straight year several Ballistic “Bulldogs” players will spend a week at FC Barcelona’s famed La Masia academy training at futsal. In addition to learning from the world’s top coaches, Calvin, Henry, Evan, Trenton and Luke will tour Guadi’s Sagrada Familia basilica and other cultural sights. BUSC Director of Futsal, Rob Bell, will coach Team USA’s 03/04 team against FC Barcelona and other top local teams. Good luck boys and coach!
Congrats to our 2007 Premier Team and Coach Doug Murray for winning the Futsal Fest championship in Rocklin. The team tied Futsal Factory with a goal in the last two minutes and then took the title by making their first three kicks in the penalty shoot-out. Great job boys!
Ballistic United Futsal Club’s U11 Premier team won the Diablo Valley Futsal League Championship with an 8-7 win over Diablos. Pictured from let to right are Trenton von Sosen, Ian McCorriston, Evan Pimentel, Griffin Mello, Aidan Ahmad, Colin Surridge, Jack Schulz, Alex Thompson, and Matthew Malfatti. The team is coached by Kevin Mello.
We went undefeated. Scoring the most goal in the league. We were unstoppable scoring 101 goals as a team, but what impressed me the most was we only received 18 goal. To be honest my focus was to work on the defensive side. Teaching the boys how to defend in our new 3-1 defensive shape.
These boys naturally are attacking minded players so we did well on we. I was really happy to see how these little ones learned our new diamond formation.
Congratulations to BUSC’s 2005 Elite 1 who are the State Cup Champions of the Premier 10 Division. In the finals they met a tough De Anza Force team and battled to the end with a final score of 1-0.
Top row: Coach Walter Chilczuk, Adrian Arvizu, Ethan Jackson, Itash Ram, Arshan Beliakoff, Oliver de la Torre, Ethan Reeves, Faheem Naik, Duncan Carrothers, Coach Darryl Watson
Bottom row: Ronald Zhai, Eduardo Campos, Colin Braga, Zach Watson, Brandon Correia