U9/U10 REFEREE PROGRAM
• Parent Referees – All U9 and U10 Division 4 teams shall provide a minimum of two (2) parents to be trained by PSRA as Grade 8 referees. A parent who is already a referee can be one of the two, and doesn’t need the training.
• The training is 8 hours long and will be provided by the PSRA, with the course for BUSC and RAGE parent volunteers being held on September 6 and 7. The course fee will be paid for by the respective clubs and upon completion of the course, the club, through PSRA, will provide each new adult Grade 8 referee with a uniform.
• These trained parents will be responsible for refereeing their team’s games. The clubs will no longer be providing referees at the U9 and U10 age groups. These referees will not be paid for their service; however this will fulfill their club volunteer requirement. If they choose to do games outside the U9-U10 program, they will be paid according to the normal referee scale.
Rules for this new program are as follows:
1) The home team shall be responsible to provide the center referee, who must be a currently licensed Grade 8 or higher adult (18 years or older).
2) Each team shall also be responsible for providing one licensed Grade 8 or higher adult to act as Assistant Referee.
3) If only two referees are available, the home team shall provide a parent to assist.
4) If only one referee is available, both teams shall provide one parent to assist. These parent assistants shall only help determine if the ball is in or out of play.
5) If no referees are available both coaches may agree on the appointment of a parent to act as the referee or the game shall be forfeited and the score shall be recorded as 0-1 in favor of the visiting team.
Coaches are strongly encouraged to cooperate with each other in the spirit of “Honoring the Game”, and avoid situations where a forfeit would be awarded. Once the coaches agree and the game has started, the result of the game shall be final.
For class registration and other information, please go to the PSRA Web Site: