Welcome to BUSC’s 2018-19 Competitive Team Tryouts!
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone on the field tomorrow and getting to see all the kids showing off their skills and love for the game. The below provides important information about what to bring and key items that will help you understand the process a little bit better. It is critical you read this information carefully for required steps.
Now that tryouts are kicking off, our office is unlikely to be staffed since we are out at the fields and prepping. If you have questions, please review the information at busc.org and use About Us–>Directory to locate the email address of the best person for your question. We are happy to help, and email will be the best way to reach us!
- Payment, Invoice, Bookkeeping Questions: Miriam Bettencourt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Practice Schedules/Team Info Will Go to Team Manager or Coach After Placements
- Program Information You Cannot Find Online: email@example.com
Please note that if you have not paid your tryout fee, your player will not be allowed on the field until this is done. You can sign into your League Apps account and pay your invoice if you need to do this.
Program Descriptions, Calendars, Fees
Program description with calendars and fees for each program are attached to the emails that went out the day before tryouts begin. Most of you have probably seen this already, but we want to make sure EVERYONE has the description for their program, so there are no surprises.
for pre-registered players will begin 45 minutes before each session’s start time. Please arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to each session, leaving plenty of time to park (especially for sessions held at Patelco!) and arrive to the field on time.
What to Bring: Cleats, Shinguards, Soccer Ball, Water, Sunscreen
What to Expect Day Of
Your player will check-in at the check-in table and receive a pinnie with a number on it. Though this will be his number for all the sessions, it is important that the pinnie is turned in after each session. At check-in, the player will also be informed with which coach he will begin that session. Coaches will also have this information in case your player forgets.
At most sessions, there will be a uniform fitting table where players can try on different pieces and complete a slip to take home in preparation for uniform ordering if your player accepts a spot on a team. Pricing will also be available so that you can have some idea what the cost will be for each piece. Uniforms are required, but additional pieces like warm-ups and backpacks, are optional.
During the session, coaches will evaluate players and may move them around to see them against different players or so that other coaches can evaluate them. Encourage your child to do his best and have fun!
What to Expect After
In the morning or early afternoon on the day after the LAST tryout session (for your child’s age group and program), you will receive one of two messages:
- An invitation from League Apps to join a team (with registration link included)
- An email from BUSC Staff letting you know your child has not been placed on a YDP (U8-U10) or Premier/Elite (U11-U19) team, letting you know if you are on the waitlist in the case that spots are turned down, and providing a discount code in case your child would like to try out for our Select program in the second half of May (for no additional cost).
In order to accept the spot on the team, WITHIN 48 hours, you must:
- Register via the link provided and use the discount code to credit $100 to your fees (transfer of tryout cost);
- Make the first set of payments, which includes $325 Club Registration, $50 Raffle Pre-Pay Fee, and the first Club dues payment for your program per below. The amounts listed below will also be the monthly payments due the first of the month from July 1, 2018 and March 1, 2019.
2011 YDP $92.50
2010 & 2009 YDP $144
2008 Premier/Elite $165
2007 Premier/Elite $179.50
- After 48 hours, any players not registered and paid will be removed from the roster, and the Club will offer that spot to the next player immediately.
- The next step will be to attend your child’s program KICK-OFF Meeting. It is important for at least one parent/adult attend this meeting for your family. Players are not required to attend. All these meetings will be held from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at Rock Bible Church (4100 First St, Pleasanton, CA 94566). At this meeting, you will gain important information about the Club, go over critical aspects of League Apps and payments, and meet with your player’s new coach and team manager. Dates are as follows:
- May 17, 2018 U8-U10 YDP (2011-2009 Birth Years)
- May 24, 2018 U11-U14 Premier/Elite (2008-2005 Birth Years)
- May 31, 2018 U15-U19 Premier/Elite (2004-2000 Birth Years)
If your child is waitlisted, our staff will reach out to you if there is an open spot. Please do not reach out to ask when/if he might be pulled onto a team. It is our hope to make subsequent offers shortly after the 48 hour window expires for offers, but the process is often a rolling one.
If you completed a financial aid application by our priority deadline on May 10, including providing the requested tax document, those decisions will be made and provided to you on Monday, May 14. This will give you the ability to use this information to make your team commitment decision. Please note that financial aid awarded cannot be used toward your Club registration ($325), pre-paid raffle fee ($50), uniforms, or the team fees that will be paid to your team manager. It can be applied to program fees ONLY.
You can still apply for financial aid, and available monies will be distributed to qualified candidates on a rolling basis until the funds are expended. Note that if you did not complete your application prior to the priority deadline on May 10, you will not receive a decision prior to needing to commit to the team. You cannot delay your commitment decision to wait for a financial aid decision in this case.